What I do know:
• I don’t have tumors in my brain.
• I don’t have tumors in my lungs.
• I don’t have tumors in my chest, abdomen or pelvis.
• I love my wife.
What I don’t know:
• I don’t know the outcome of my adrenal tumor biopsy.
• I don’t know whether I’ll be having surgery or going on Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor (TKI) therapy.
We have spent 11 days and untold thousands of dollars and we really don’t know much more than we knew when we left Seale, Ala. In a fews days(4 or 5) we will have a confirmation on whether or not the adrenal tumor is the third renal cell cancer metastasis. There is better than a 90% chance that it is. Once we have that confirmation, I’ll be having another consultation with new medical oncologist Dr. Lance Pagliaro at M. D. Anderson (probably via email or phone). I’ll also talk to Dr. Andy Pippas at the John B. Amos Cancer Center, Dr. Janice Dutcher at Roosevelt/St. Luke’s in New York City, Dr. Dan George at Duke University Hospital and the members of the kidney cancer forum of acor.org. The question is whether to go the surgery route or the TKI route. That is not a decision we’ll make on our own.
We miss our home. We miss our sons, our family, our friends, our co-workers our church mates and our pets. Tomorrow morning we’ll be heading back that way and we’ll be back home Tuesday or Wednesday. Sweet Home Alabama, here we come!